Quality Contracting at Competitive Rates
Please see below for additional information
It is ideal to properly perform a Spring Start-Up to best ensure your system is ready for the warmer spring and summer months. Let us take away the hassle & ease the process; Leave it to one of our expert technicians and give you a peace of mind for the upcoming season!
- In addition to turning on the water source, our start-up visits entail a full system inspection
- Minor repairs & adjustments can be made on site; if additional repairs are required, an estimate will be submitted for approval & further scheduling
- April & May are optimal months to have this service completed (Late March will be open for scheduling if the weather permits)
This is an annual requirement of most cities in Hampton Roads.
- $78.00 per test (Performed by a certified technician)
- Test forms will be submitted to the city
- A copy will be provided to the property owner/manager
In addition to the inspection that is performed during the initial visit, a mid-season inspection is also recommended.
- Check the functionality of the controller
- Update the programming to reflect the current season & irrigation needs at that given time
- Turn on each zone and check for proper coverage and potential system damage
- Make needed adjustments/repairs (within the scheduled time frame)
- Create an estimate for additional repairs (if needed)
Whether you have always lived in Hampton Roads, or are new to the area, we cannot stress enough the importance of winterization. It’s safe to say that our weather can be notoriously unpredictable!
All irrigation PVC pipes and systems on both city (backflows) and/or well water (pumps) are susceptible to freeze damage. This may likely result in cracks and/or leaks, which will later lead to those unwanted & brutally high water bills.
Why take the risk? Winterization is the best way to protect your irrigation investment from potential damage during those colder months. Whether we installed your system, or you are a prospective customer, give us a call today and let us take care of your system this winter!
- Turn power off to the well pump or close the supply valve to the backflow device
- Emit compressed air into mainline and operate each zone to remove water from the lines
- Remove as much water as possible from the inside chambers of the backflow device – Leaving the test ports open
- The irrigation controller will be left in the off position and power will be turned off
- A winterization tag will be placed on a component of the system
Like most things, upkeep and routine maintenance are essential to preserving the overall function and efficiency of your irrigation system.
Some common service visits include:
- Flagging for aeration & seeding
- Programming for SOD install
- Broken or missing heads
- Clogged nozzles
- Sunken heads
- Overspray / Misaligned heads
- Pressure Problems
- Leaking valves or pipes
- Wet / Dry areas in the turf
Heads Up Sprinklers will be adding maintenance service packages in the future.
Please check back to see when they are available.
OUR COSTS ARE BASED ON TIME & MATERIAL
First thirty minutes on site per service tech $70.00
Per hour thereafter on site per service tech $70.00
First thirty minutes on site per service tech w/ Helper $80.00
Per hour thereafter on site per service tech w/ Helper $85.00
Emergency trip charge – After hours $75.00
Emergency trip charge – Tech w/ Helper – After hours $95.00
Emergency trip charge – During bus. hours $40.00
- Labor is prorated up to the 15-minute increment after the first 30 minutes
- Emergency service calls have an additional charge added to standard labor rates
The minimum service call fee encompasses up to the first half hour of service. After that, it is per hour for on-site time only (which is pro-rated up to the 15-minute increment, per 15 minutes after the first half hour).
We do charge for materials, which are determined by what is needed.